APPLY TODAY!– QLD Government Small Business COVID -19 Adaption Grants
As a small to medium business during the COVID-19 pandemic we like many of you have had to evolve and adjust to a new way of working. Those businesses that are able to do this while also effectively managing the output of their staff will be the ones that are best positioned for moving forward.
The recently announced QLD government initiative of providing grants of up to $10,000 to small to medium businesses is very welcome. I urge any of you who are eligible to apply and act quickly. The grants will be processed on a first come first serve basis and as of am Friday 22 May 2020, 5947 grants had been applied for already utilising 60% of the $100 million package!
The objective of this program is to support small businesses subject to closure or highly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown restrictions announced by the Queensland Government, to adapt and sustain their operations, and build resilience.
The program aims to help eligible businesses:
- prepare for the safe resumption of trading in the post COVID-19 recovery
- access digital technologies to rebuild business operations and transition to a new way of doing business
- respond to online opportunities, where possible, to sustain employment and maintain potential for longer-term growth
- upskill and reskill business owners and staff to benefit from new technologies or business models
- embrace business diversification to adapt and sustain operations
- create or retain employment.
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent.
To be eligible for a grant, the business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland's Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
- Only 1 application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business.
If you think you may be eligible I urge you to look into it further now at https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/adaption