We understand the importance of protecting you against the risks and will provide you with the right advice so you can be confident with your decisions.
The Property team at SPM Law are specialists in their field and have extensive experience in residential and commercial property sectors offering legal services and advice to developers, body corporates, commercial property owners and private clients.
Whether your issue is typical or something out of the ordinary – we can help.
Regardless if your issue is access rights over an easement, subdividing your property, removal of trees, or boundary fence disputes, there is nothing that SPM Law has not handled.
Areas of expertise:
- Commercial leasing
- Property Development
- Units & Body Corporate
- Boundary Issues
The lawyers at SPM Law will ensure you are protected from any risk by providing you with easy to understand advice and the right legal documents. It is essential for any lease to be in writing for the parties to properly understand their respective rights and obligations. With no written agreement, it might be possible for either party to end the agreement on as little as one month’s notice. This does not provide protection for either party to safeguard their investment.
SPM Law have extensive experience in property development having been involved in numerous projects over the years, ranging from duplexes to multilayered community titles schemes and large flat land subdivisions.
With 6 lawyers and paralegals in the property section, SPM Law is well suited to assisting in any size project. SPM Law places a particularly strong emphasis on body corporate law, and strata development is a firm specialty.
Projects we have assisted on include the following:
- Settlers Cove development on the banks of Noosa River. This is a multi stage development with numerous individual schemes.
- A 51 unit development with an adjoining 30 unit development at Moranbah - Central Queensland.
- The Lakes Coolum
- Tingirana Noosa
- Seahaven Noosa
- South Pacific Noosa
- Rainbow Sea Resort - Rainbow Beach
- Outrigger Beach
- The Beach Retreat - Coolum
Units & Body Corporate
Working with many different Body Corporate complexes on a regular basis provides the property team at SPM Law with an in depth understanding of the complexities and sometimes frustrations that can arise when it comes to common property, by-laws and levies. Resolving disputes within Bodies Corporate complexes is a specialised area and has a number of technical aspects to consider. We help you through any dispute and demystify the minefield of jargon.
SPM Law acts for an extensive number of lot owners as well as for Bodies Corporate committees. Given the multi ownership nature of a Body Corporate, disputes do arise and we have considerable experience in dispute resolution.
SPM has acted to mediate and resolve numerous disputes including:
- Issues associated with leaking units and other water access issues, particularly issues following lack of maintenance or upgrades to balconies and roofs
- Determining responsibility for repairing and replacing broken windows
- Damage caused to the common property car parking area due to improper parking
- Disputes associated with approving pets or the type of pets approved
- Upgrading common property dealing with improvements to exclusive use areas
- Installing air conditioners on common property
- Issues with chairpersons’ exceeding their authority
- Amalgamating, extending and reducing exclusive use areas
SPM Law has experience with both the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 (which governs the vast majority of Bodies Corporate), as well as schemes (such as Noosa Springs), which are governed by the Mixed Use Development Act 1993 and the Building Units and Group Titles Act 1994.